Sunday 11 August 2013

Castle Key Bottle Opener

I'm not a beer drinker at all (for no reason other than I simply do not like it!) but I developed a certain fondness for Hunter's Dry Cider in South Africa, and bottle openers suddenly became an issue. No one ever seemed to have one (so we perfected the many ways of opening a bottle without one - except the 'opening with teeth' approach that I downright refused to attempt). Since coming back to England I thought it would be nice to source some bottles for the reunion this autumn - and to find a bottle opener more elegant than the top of my corkscrew!

This is what I found:


Isn't this totally lovely? By Oliver Bonas, it is so whimsical and mysterious (what does it open?) and is even pretty enough to hang up in the kitchen without looking like an alcoholic!

This one by Anthropologie is also pretty.

E xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment