Wednesday 20 November 2013

A quick study break (and choral music)

Christmas draws closer, and, although I am studying for my law course, everyone needs a little break. So make a cup of tea and maybe find a biscuit or two (or in my case, stollen - thanks mama!): I have a musical and restful treat in store for you.

Here is what I consider one of the most beautiful pieces of Christmas choral music in the world. I defy you to find one more spine-tingling than Lauridsen's O Magnum Mysterium.

As ever, there are a multitude of different versions available on youtube, spotify etc - this is the one by the Nordic Chamber Choir. If you fancy buying it off iTunes though, the Stephen Layton/Polyphony version is sublime. It was only written twenty years ago, but doesn't it feel utterly timeless?



Hope you're having a happy November.

E xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment