Thursday 28 February 2013

Fantastic Mr. Dahl (& Blake)

Did you read Roald Dahl when you were younger? The Quentin Blake illustrations that went with them were just as much a part of my childhood merriment as the amazing stories.  I remember being terrified of The Witches, laughing hysterically at The Twits, and wanting to make my own Marvellous Medicine (like George!). I read the BFG not too long ago, actually. It really is wonderful.

Wouldn't these mugs make sweet presents for children (or, let's face it, for 23-year-olds too!)?


My favourite is the Matilda one. You?

E xxx

P.S. A Dahl-themed present that made me giddy with joy when I was younger was the incredible Revolting Recipes book - also illustrated by Quentin. I tried making at least half of the recipes - Mr. Twit's Beard Food, Peach Juice, Bruce Bogtrotter's Cake, Stickjaw for Talkative Parents - my mother was unimpressed.

1 comment:

  1. We LOVE Dahl books! In fact, I had a friends mum bring me over some of the UK postage stamps (you never know when you might have a book party!). I have never seen the Recipe book but it is now on my list- Harris would LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete