Sunday 3 March 2013

The Great Gatsby

So, who's excited about the Great Gatsby movie? It's not out until May (although it was supposed to be released this Christmas, then got postponed -boo!) but I thought I'd brush up on my Fitzgerald and read it again. The first time I read this at university I struggled a bit - and I have no idea why! This second time I read it in one sitting, lying on my sofa with a pot of tea by my side - and absolutely adored it - it really is such an evocative and wonderful book.  I can't wait for the film.

This is my copy, which I think it so beautiful:

(photo from Inspiredology.com)

But these are lovely, too:



(Photos from Penguin.com)

In case you hadn't realised, I love a good book cover, and it really alters my reading experience. I don't think it would feel the same reading it from the classic American cover, which I think is rather ugly:


What's your favourite? There are dozens more out there!

E xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment